Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:06 am 
Site Rank - Captain

With my new Minn Kota RT55/ST/iP running at lower speeds utilizing the Digital Maximizer I get 10-20 hrs runtime from my 2 DieHard Platinum (AGM) Marine Batteries - group 34M (3-year warranty) For fishing the GPS Spot-Lock (invisible anchor) is sooo sweet - you never move more the 5 feet regardless of wind, current, or depth - great for hovering over reefs and wrecks.

On the other haka goes a Scotty 1106 to get down to the hoos in the heat.

Only one downside - WEIGHT!

That's why I'm selling my 2013 hardened AI and shopping for a TI
http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/boa/4430738690.html

Last edited by proyak on Sun May 25, 2014 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:37 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Finally got some pics with my new camera - the last one got whacked gaffing a phinn! :oops:

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:58 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Wouldn't an outboard have been smaller, lighter, faster, cheaper and more cost efficient? Unless you just REALLY wanted or already had the trolling motor.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:04 am 
Site Rank - Captain

jeffreydc wrote:
Wouldn't an outboard have been smaller, lighter, faster, cheaper and more cost efficient? Unless you just REALLY wanted or already had the trolling motor.

Absolutely Jeff!

but,...what is this unhealthy obsession that Amerika has with speed, and importing disposable goods from countries that don't respect their environment, nor their citizens :?: (actually the latter is now in doubt here too!) Minn Kota is built to last in the good old USA - Mankato, MN that employs Americans :D

also.....

Outboards smell :(
Outboards make noise :cry:
"Outboards make me dependant on The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia because 'progressives' want to stop all drilling and fracking"
Outboards require costly maintenance :(
Outboards require fastidious flushing (especially the new 4-stroke Honda) :(
Outboards are more susceptible to the second law of thermodynamics -> entropy (see #5) :(
Outboards don't utilize GPS technology :( that records and retrace paths, set cruise control, and...

....the best part I've saved till last... :shock:

Outboards can't do this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FGAjVRvodA

Last edited by proyak on Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:58 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 4:38 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Hey Proyak

"Outboards make be dependant on The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia because 'progressives' want to stop drilling and fracking"

Would it be possible for you to stop the political bullbaiting. I enjoy the Hobie forums, and am not really interested in having the forum overrun with partisan political pablum. Your jab is not constructive nor conducive to the idea of a community who share an interest in Kayaking.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 4:42 am 
Site Rank - Captain

leelanauX wrote:
Hey Proyak

"Outboards make be dependant on The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia because 'progressives' want to stop drilling and fracking"

Would it be possible for you to stop the political bullbaiting. I enjoy the Hobie forums, and am not really interested in having the forum overrun with partisan political pablum. Your jab is not constructive nor conducive to the idea of a community who share an interest in Kayaking.

Thanks for your opinion!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 4:48 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Quote:

+1 Also, some people don't believe in sky fairies either.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 4:56 am 
Site Rank - Captain

tonystott wrote:
Quote:

+1 Also, some people don't believe in sky fairies either.

Opinions vary...(see also 'Global warming') so I edited it out, then reinserted :o the hot button issue because it is relevant to the main topic. :mrgreen:

Last edited by proyak on Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 5:55 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Proyak,

And yet you continue to bullbait even when removing your bullbaiting. Your comment regarding global warming interjects partisan politics into your removal.

Honestly, I'm here to share and discuss kayaking. Not engage in partisan politics. Would it be possible for the sake of the community for you to please (for the second time) leave the political bullbaiting out of your posts?

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:01 am 
Site Rank - Captain

leelanauX wrote:
Proyak,

And yet you continue to bullbait even when removing your bullbaiting. Your comment regarding global warming interjects partisan politics into your removal.

Honestly, I'm here to share and discuss kayaking. Not engage in partisan politics. Would it be possible for the sake of the community for you to please (for the second time) leave the political bullbaiting out of your posts?

Lee you are the one making all the fuss...just let it go, and let us return to the main topic which is "Extreme haka tweak - no wind no problem"!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:14 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I'm not making a fuss. I've asked politely for you to quit using relatively incendiary political language in your posts. As you've acknowledged, not everyone shares your political views. If you look back on all of my posts I believe you will find no hint of my political beliefs.

I believe that everyone is here to to share and discuss kayaking regardless of their personal political affiliations.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am 
Site Rank - Captain

leelanauX wrote:
I'm not making a fuss. I've asked politely for you to quit using relatively incendiary political language in your posts. As you've acknowledged, not everyone shares your political views. If you look back on all of my posts I believe you will find no hint of my political beliefs.

I believe that everyone is here to to share and discuss kayaking regardless of their personal political affiliations.

Thanks Lee for your admonition, I made an error in judgement, I retracted, I'm apologizing, can we move on now?!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:52 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Come on fellas, chill out a bit. I didn't realise how smart the kota was. What a great little unit. Why would you go an outboard. For most of us, not obsessed with speed, this is ideal. Thanks for posting.

Don't take life too seriously................it ain't permanent.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:07 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Slaughter wrote:
Come on fellas, chill out a bit. I didn't realise how smart the kota was. What a great little unit. Why would you go an outboard. For most of us, not obsessed with speed, this is ideal. Thanks for posting.

Slaughter
-Running at slow speed utilizing the Digital Maximizer (drawing only 5 amps) should I get 30+ hours run time from my 2 DieHard Platinum (AGM) Marine Batteries - group 34M.
-Running at medium speed (drawing 25 amps) I'll get about 8 hrs. run time.
-Running at full speed (drawing 50 amps) I get around 4 hours.

"Take life seriously................it's eternal, in one of 2 places - you choose!" :o :evil:

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 4:00 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Those run times aren’t bad at all. And I like the way you’ve set it up on the Haka. Very neat. When one of the reasons for getting an Island is for its stealth features, this makes sense.

P.S. I’ve made my choice and I couldn’t be happier. :D

Don't take life too seriously................it ain't permanent.