Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:06 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I really had an AWESOME time at yet another Hobie Class Regatta this weekend with my wife. We are really starting to gel as a team. While we aren't at the top of the top (YET) we are dialing in closer and closer as the mistakes we are making are more apparent and clear to us, meaning we know what they are and how we can fix it!

We found ourselves in the midst of a pretty awesome boat race with some great skippers and it was SSSSSOOOOO much fun! VERY, VERY, happy with the progress we made! In fact.. We ended up with a 2, and a whole pile of 3's..... Threw out a 4, and that was simply because I went for broke on a flyer hoping for something I knew wasn't there...

The best... I have video and it is pretty funny watching it... I know what I am supposed to do and look like... and often on the water I think I am pretty close... But then I watch the tape... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anywho... How about pulling off a Port start and clearing the fleet? Yep... we did that :P So much fun!!

http://youtu.be/JOklkf2fV4w

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:59 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Dood, you really have to put madcatter on your schedule
ask Chris Bradshaw or anyone who has been there it is definitely worth the trip
Pm me we will make it happen for next year. We can hook u up with a boat, place to stay, etc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:05 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Tom Korz wrote:
Dood, you really have to put madcatter on your schedule
ask Chris Bradshaw or anyone who has been there it is definitely worth the trip
Pm me we will make it happen for next year. We can hook u up with a boat, place to stay, etc

Just might have to do it! You guys had a tough crowd out there this year for sure!

My wife is from Upstate NY.. Corinth area.. Maybe if I could figure out how to sell it... hummm...

We will see you at Nationals this year? This is what it is all about for us. With the wife as crew.. (sailing 310-325lbs) our goal is a mid fleet finish at Nats. (knowing full well this is a tall order) We aren't there yet, but will be working very hard this summer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:23 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Gota post here now to remind me to tell my stories and tall tales about the last couple regattas I invaded before I forget what I was supposed to remember.

Good grief I love this game!

Sent from my stone tablet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:20 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I know ya'll are just dying to see all of my unedited race video.. :lol: But here is an educational one.

Light air. 3-7mph (tops) of the the east. VERY shifty and oscillations that didn't seem persistent or time-able (at least to me). (maybe I should watch the clouds more) Yet I somehow managed to nail it in this race.

So I set up properly after checking out the line, it was marginally pin favored at the 5 minute mark. By the time the gun went off it was heavily pin favored.. So what is a guy going to do.. Darn right. Port start.. The 'safe' Starboard boats didn't have a chance thanks to a huge lull at about the minute mark.

So I take off in the lead. Then check out the GPS track. That was a header I should have tacked on for sure! :lol: :shock: Not tacking put me squarely in the middle of the pack (but still ahead of Sohn :twisted: ) So I had to nail the shifts the rest of the way around to claw my way back, and I did.. Finished 2nd!

Good times!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm9b7HF7eLI