Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:11 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I'm within one inch of where I need to be on clearance for a roof rack. Before I start analyzing the cross bars, does anyone know the height of Yakima Mako saddles? And anyone else know the height of Thule Glide saddles? This would be the height of the saddle when mounted on whatever crossbar, crossbar to top of saddle....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:09 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I had problems with the Mako saddles, they cannot support the weight of the PA. I started with 4 of the Mako saddles and after collapsing two of them I got them replaced under warranty at REI and added another 2 Mako saddles for a total of 6. I was thinking two more saddles would spread and support the load better. I ended up with 3 of the Mako saddles collapsing and returned them for a refund after emailing Yakima, they told me those saddles are not designed to support that much weight. To add insult to injury the saddles also caused 4 dents in the hull where the saddles contacted the hull. I switched over to 4" ABS pipes which supports almost the entire length of the hull and the dents went away on their own by being stored inside a hot storage unit during the summer.