Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:35 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

on the fence ready to pull the trigger on a new fishing kayak I used to have a native mariner 12.5 propel but really like the pro angler then on that side to get the 12 or the 14? I will mainly fish the Chesapeake bay intercostal waterway and some fresh water lakes. the native propel does have reverse which is a really nice feature. the pa looks to be a pretty stable fishing olatform I am a pretty big guy 6'-4" 255lbs. so stability is nice. any advice or info would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:27 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I haven't pedaled them both but suggest that is what you do. You will get plenty of opinions on both but you are the one who is putting down the money. Put some seat time in both and that should help you decide. If that is not an option than buy the Hobie, you won't have a problem reselling it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:15 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

As already stated ....... Try before you buy. For me it's the PA 14 and I'm also on the Chesapeake. Once you try the PA I think you will by it. The other makes you pedal around instead of back and forth so you have to have your legs higher, the mirage drive has more power ........ Well ..... See what's best for you

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:58 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks went to my local dealer to pull the trigger on the 14 they aren't reordering any more until after sept the new model year and there is going to be a price increase. They kept telling me to go with a pa12 it's there most popular seller blah blah.i said no looking for a 14 so called hobie in a word AWESOME customer support and I haven't even bought the boat yet they found me one in hampton a bit of a drive but it's olive pa14 Appomattox river and they gave me a military discount heading there tomorrow to pick her up can't wait :-D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:42 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

SHAMROCK442 wrote:
Thanks went to my local dealer to pull the trigger on the 14 they aren't reordering any more until after sept the new model year and there is going to be a price increase. They kept telling me to go with a pa12 it's there most popular seller blah blah.i said no looking for a 14 so called hobie in a word AWESOME customer support and I haven't even bought the boat yet they found me one in hampton a bit of a drive but it's olive pa14 Appomattox river and they gave me a military discount heading there tomorrow to pick her up can't wait :-D

Congrats on you purchase and welcome to the Pro Angler family!

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2015 Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:20 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Congrats on the PA ...... You won't regret it ....?

Now ........ Go on Snaggedline.com ........ It's the Md kayak forum ....over 2000 yak fishermen all around the Chesapeake ....... Md Pa Del Wash Va ........ Tell Memory Maker sent ya and join us on 1 of the monthly meet and greet fishing trips .........