Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Video
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:58 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

After a few weeks of rainy weekends I finally got the new boat out.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1Ygv7oYLJM[/youtube]

Post subject: Re: New Video
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:34 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Second time out. Overloaded the boat a bit with 7 people. Almost impossible to tack. More than once I had to give up and Jibe around 270 degrees.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:56 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Mr_Rowdy,

Great video and even better, great setup!

Please share some photos or video of your camera rig. It appears to be pretty solid/stable and less obtrusive than some others I've seen.

Also what kind of camera are you using? Is it integrating GPS in the display?

Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:07 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

kiefjf wrote:
Mr_Rowdy,

Great video and even better, great setup!

Please share some photos or video of your camera rig. It appears to be pretty solid/stable and less obtrusive than some others I've seen.

Also what kind of camera are you using? Is it integrating GPS in the display?

Thanks for sharing!

My camera setup does not mount to the trampoline so the camera is stable & not bouncing with the trampoline.

http://gopro.com/ I love my Go Pro!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHiiBqFuZ4Q[/youtube]

Last edited by Creative on Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:56 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Took me a bit to finally get these , but here's some pics of my setup. I've got it in two pieces. There's a base that stays lashed into the tramp lacing, and an extension that attaches to the base but is removed for transport & rigging.

The base is made with 1-1/4" PVC. The 3 legs lashed into the tramp are capped on the outside and sealed with a piece of fun noodle & expanding foam on the inside just before the center cross piece so the whole thing should float if it somehow falls off.

The extension is made from 1" PVC. The bottom of the extension slides into the rear leg of the base and is held in place with a pin for a trailer hitch through a 5/16" hole drilled through both. The length of the two legs of the extension can be tweaked for your particular rig. My camera mount sits about 16" above the base. I previously had the rig on an 18 and left the rear leg of the base and bottom leg of the extension at the 2' length I bought them at. On the Getaway the base ties into the lacing further back, so I cut them down to 12". Just be sure you leave it long enough so that it doesn't interfere with the tiller. (Tip: When you're ready to drill the hole for the pin, clamp around the joint and walk around the boat making sure you have the extension nice & vertical before drilling. I might have drilled a few more holes than I really need in mine before I figured this trick out. :? )

The stability of the mount is dependent on the tramp tension, but there's a lot of leeway. In the second video above, the tramp is pretty loose, but the image still looks pretty good. I think the wide angle lens really helps make it appear more stable than it is.