Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:46 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I'm about to get a Revo 11. Not sure if I should wait for the 2015 models. Any idea what the changes will be? When will they be available? Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:45 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Who knows, Hobie hasn't announced 2015 changes yet.
But, its a fairly new hull, and so well designed, the only thing I could see them adding is a transducer mounting point...
I have a 2012 Revo11, and I love it!

EDIT: Welcome to the forum!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:20 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I like my Rev 11 but would appreciate a dryer seat and the ability to mount sail furler so the front hatch does not interfere, more flat areas for mounting rod holders etc. but overall it's fast and a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:50 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Voyager, Thanks for the input. Aren't there ways to modify the mounting of the furler to not interfere?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:00 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

The sail furler issue on the rev 11 has been talked about, it ends up mounted so it's just above the hatch, I changed to a different line that is not as slippery as the line provided,it works but could be better I'm sure on other models it's fine, but if they are doing an update on this hull it would be nice to see some small changes, as I stated I really like my 11 and would recommend it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:41 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

faudr wrote:
Aren't there ways to modify the mounting of the furler to not interfere?

You could put the furler above the hatch, but then the furler is out of plane with the rest of the lines and hardware. This small angle makes a surprising difference ie difficulty with smooth furling action.

I was looking at it a few days ago, I wonder if one could use a heatgun and gently bend the hatch in at the point where the furler makes contact? more drastically, I also thought of cutting a 1cm notch out of the hatch to allow the furler unimpeded motion if its put on the mast as low as possible (as close to the mast receptacle as possible)

voyager wrote:
I like my Rev 11 but would appreciate a dryer seat and the ability to mount sail furler so the front hatch does not interfere, more flat areas for mounting rod holders etc. but overall it's fast and a lot of fun.

There is a user here who did make a self-draining modification for his revo seat, look at posts by Revo_1756
As for more flat areas for mounting rod holders... now you're straying into Outback territory :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:40 am 
Hobie Approved Guru

Voyager wrote:
Did you see Revo's rod holder mounts? Look here:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=49713&p=225774&hilit=#p225774
This is actually a Revo 13 but I think the Revo 11 has similar locations.

The other thing to keep in mind is, how ofter do you open the front hatch while sailing (or any time while underway)? If not sailing, I like to take the mast down and store it along the rails. Then there is no interference at all. Image

As a general rule, I keep all hatches closed while on the water to prevent possible flooding in case of inadvertent capsize; anything I might need is stored in the hatch in front of the seat for quick and easy access. Additionally, that particular round hatch in the Revo 11 can be open in a capsized position and still sit out of the water inverted.
8)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:26 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Hey Mr Miller, can we get a confirmation on whether the 2015 Revo11 comes Lowrance-ready now?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:28 am 
Site Admin

All changes are announced publicly 9-1 2014. I am constrained from commenting until then. Although... your dealer will be able to tell you.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:04 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Ahh, it was worth a try anyway. Thanks Matt!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:02 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

mmiller wrote:
All changes are announced publicly 9-1 2014. I am constrained from commenting until then. Although... your dealer will be able to tell you.

Does anyone have a friendly dealer to ask them about the 2015 Revo 11 re the changes if any and if it will be transponder ready?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:53 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

It would appear going by what is said in this video the Revo 11 is not transducer ready, which is unfortunate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLJcGs45_vY

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:03 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Cracka wrote:
It would appear going by what is said in this video the Revo 11 is not transducer ready, which is unfortunate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLJcGs45_vY

:|
Looks like I'm only upgrading one of my kayaks this year then.
I'll keep the soggy-butt model of the Revo11 until they add the transducer pocket.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:16 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I hope the guy in the video is incorrect. It looks like they had to update the mold to add the new seat, so I can't imagine why they wouldn't add the transducer pocket at that time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:18 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

New2Yak wrote:
I hope the guy in the video is incorrect. It looks like they had to update the mold to add the new seat, so I can't imagine why they wouldn't add the transducer pocket at that time.

I agree with you, but hey we'll know for sure in 2 weeks when the "official" announcements are made and I assume by then the Hobie website will be updated.