Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:49 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Am building a list of Hobie Wave owners in the Southwest US so as to pass on HCA Regatta and other useful information. We currently have 12 Waves that are racing at various venues. This movement is just starting. This year the largest events will be Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear, both in September. While it is unlikely that they all will show up at each event(due to the distances), there are a great many owners who know little about our racing schedule and great history of the Hobie Class Association. The Wave Class has an easy potential of becoming the largest class in the Southwest, and possibly the country. Respect of course to the SE crowd. I've been told that the Wave Class is the fastest growing one design catamaran racing class in the world. Certainly, that can be the case here.

If you meet any Wave owners please pass on their contact info, with their permission of course. Am planning on email, phone and text for the most part on this. At some time, somebody may wish to administer a Facebook page or other social networking task. Planning a 5 year effort of promotion. Thank You for your Support.

See you in Santa Barbara second weekend in August!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:13 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Hobie Wave number 55 "Big Dog" is located in Thousand Oaks, CA. Let me know where to send my contact info.

I know of a sailing club in Marina del Rey that has eight Waves that may be interested in participating in a regatta if it were local.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:58 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

my email is [email protected] That could be pretty good if they would consider having Wave races there in the future as well. Automatic good turnout!