Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Hobie Seats?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:06 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Mmmmmm new Outback looks nice too http://www.kayakfishmag.com/boats/hobie-outback/

Is that a Hobie crate I spy in the tank well, looking at the rails it appears to be made with the new "H" rail.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:23 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Doh ! I posted prematurely :shock: http://www.rapidmedia.com/kayak-fishing ... g-day.html

Its actually called the H crate.......... It sounds neat and being collapsible might fit in the back of the Landy when travelling, maybe, not taking up as much space when not being used and allowing me to stash the contents in smaller spaces left in the car or camper.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:35 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Bummer...

Just bought a 2014 revo 11 2 weeks ago; had I known would have waited for the new seat...
I thought I did my research and was expecting the only change to be the transducer mount. Working in the auto industry, I should have known that the model year changes are jealously-guarded.

Oh well... I guess I should just enjoy mine, which I actually am, and very much so!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:14 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

More on topic is this quote:

Quote:
Our tour starts with the new Vantage CT seat. Important note relating to all the Hobie boats getting the new throne: in the low position, it’s at the same height as the prior strap-in versions. The marginal sacrifice of stability that comes with the high seat position is strictly optional.

So C of G fears seem to be addressed. I'm also guessing that a strap-in seat retrofit may not be a big deal.

Now can we all just get along :) ?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:11 am 
Site Rank - Captain

charro wrote:
Bummer...

Just bought a 2014 revo 11 2 weeks ago; had I known would have waited for the new seat...
I thought I did my research and was expecting the only change to be the transducer mount. Working in the auto industry, I should have known that the model year changes are jealously-guarded.

Oh well... I guess I should just enjoy mine, which I actually am, and very much so!

Don't feel like the "Lone Ranger" I was told by someone who works for Hobie to buy a 2014 Tandem because there would be no seat changes on the 2015's. Had no idea Hobie would be that secretive even to employees. Fortunately I have a wife who is not to keen on how much we are going to use one so I waited and scheduled a few demos in different locals ie ocean, lake. Also she even wanted a "trailer" demo to see how hard it was to launch and retrieve. By the time she is satisfied I may end up getting a 2016. LOL

Was able to also demo a Revo 13 and found it to be just an awesome craft. No matter what year you get there is always next years model with more. It is a sad fact of life like in the auto industry. LOL So enjoy the hell out of yours and when the time comes to upgrade it you will then be ahead of everyone else with their 2015's.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:28 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Mark,

I know what you are going through as I have enjoyed reading your other thread, so much so that now I am discussing with my wife the purchase of an AI (next year though). After my bright idea was mentioned, response was that I should have just bought a power boat instead...

Let me know when you finally decide and buy; I am not that far off from Allatoona Lake, or you could swing by Harrison Bay...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:15 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Charro,

Glad that you enjoyed my thread as I have tried to express all of my thoughts and concerns about buying a Hobie kayak in hopes of benefiting others in the same boat. LOL

Believe me when I say this will be the MOST researched purchase I have EVER made thanks to my lovely wife. I am an analytical person by nature but her legitimate fears have made me even more so. But if I have learned one thing on this forum it is get the right kayak and set up (car top or trailer) so that it is not a hassle when you want to use it. The last thing we want is a kayak under the deck that we never use or use very little.

Where is Harrison Bay?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:44 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Mark the Shark wrote:
Where is Harrison Bay?

Connected to Chickamauga Lake, in Chattanooga.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:38 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Here is a more in depth video of the Outback showing the seat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNQX2RrRWGo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:28 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

charro wrote:
Mark the Shark wrote:
Where is Harrison Bay?

Connected to Chickamauga Lake, in Chattanooga.

810 miles of shoreline, hmmm any wind??? If so could be a nice place to visit with a TI.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:16 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

So when can we expect to see the 2015 models show up at our local dealers?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:45 am 
Site Rank - Captain

As a potential buyer I was originally told by two dealers (one in FL and the other in GA) that they would not get anymore inventory until October but just recently my GA dealer said "maybe" September. I'll try to find out more during my lake demo on Tuesday but I am assuming the 2014 production has stopped. If what Jason said in the video about the new AI at the show "it was the first or second out of the mold" it would appear that they are producing nothing but 2015's now. The question is how many can they produce and distribute throughout the country by Sept or Oct? Would imagine the West coast would get them first as they are closer to Hobie production facility. They are made in California? Oceanside?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:16 am 
Site Admin

Old_School wrote:

September or later... Plus... September production was already sold out as of last week.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:19 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

mmiller wrote:
Old_School wrote:

September or later... Plus... September production was already sold out as of last week.

Sold to dealers? Or pre-orders by customers?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:50 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Sold to dealers? Or pre-orders by customers?

Dealers, so not all dealers got a chance to order.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next