Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:10 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I'm just about to buy a mesh tramp for my hobie 16. I found a marina that makes custom makes them (saltydogmarine.com), but they only make the one piece bias cut tramps. They say that they tighten down as tight as the older 2 piece styles, but just wanted to know if anyone has tried a one piece bias tramp and what they thought of it. Even further, has anyone ever bought one from saltydogmarine.com? Just trying to get an idea of the quality. Thanks a bunch!
-Mark

Post subject: Tramp...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:51 pm 
Site Admin

One other thing to consider is that there is a Hobie Class Racing rule that requires a factory trampoline. Even if you are not going to race, you should consider the re-sale value of having a factory trampoline.

Stock Factory Hobie 16 tramps are as low as $309.80

These are the original Vinyl material that is tough as nails and very long lasting.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

Post subject: Saltydog tramp
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:13 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

My 16 has one, it was new when I got the boat and I just sailed it last Sat. for the first time. The tramp is tight, it's nice having one clean surface and I do like the pocket up front. Two things I noticed and one may be normal with any mesh. My elbows and knees took a beating, it wore them like I was on sand paper, not nice the day after. But the main thing I didn't like is when flying a hull there is no real support to hold you in place from sliding down the tramp other than your butt. My legs would work through the strap so it was half way to my knees. If I were to fall sideways or forward I know I will get stuck in the strap. With a center laced tramp, you can use the center for foot support and I liked that.
I will still use it and figure out a way to over come my problem. that's just what I notice in one day.

Buxton

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:38 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I have sailed with both the one piece and the 3 piece tramp.

When I just sailed out on the lake for fun, the one piece is decent, but does have some draw backs that I dont care for. One being that if you dont really have a place to lock your feet against when you are not trapeezing out on the wire, but just hiking a little bit. I know that there are straps there for that, but I haven't really used them.

Yes the pocket is nice for putting things in while you are sailing, but you can also sew in more pockets for that if you need them.

I am going to switch back to the 3 piece tramp in the near future so I can be class legal and get my boat tighter for sailing.

Mark Colby
1973 H16
Jackson, MI