Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:34 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Warning...this is my first real attempt at drawing :D....But I'm doing a Paddleboard and want to do some "Surfboard Art" and want to incorporate my Hobie Wave....Here is the rough drawing with the Wave breaking thru a Wave :D

Here is the Whole thing...I have a 12' board thats a "blank canvas" on the bottom of the Paddleboard..:D

I sort of used my picture from the Daytona midwinters...I was breaking thru this wave :D....

Another Rough sketch I did between patients..:D:D.....This one may go on the Front of the board, in front of the Pad.

I plan on using the Posca Acrylic paint pens...then spray with krylon clear coat.....maybe put a Hippie Sun in there...:D

Maybe even do my white Rudders next :D:D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:06 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

The one where your coming out of the tube and with the mast getting hit by the lip, nice touch. The other one is great also the explosion of water when the bows go through the wave (smack that lip). Hold on I think they are both deserving, maybe one on the bottom also. 8)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:52 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks....I like the Tube one also...I refined it more and made it 18" by 30".....to practice with the colors...:D....Will probably do the other one, crashing thru wave, on the bottom of board..and turn it into some kind of long scene.....since I'm a Dentist...I had to put my Daughters "teeth" in there for the Sun...:D:D:D.....I did my wife sitting on the beach in the lower left corner...with her Butt Crack Showing....:D:D.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:33 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Here is the "test Painting" I did of the Hobie Wave.....its 18 by 30"......I wanted to practice with the paint pens first before I did the paddle board....I may leave part of the Sun out and focus more on the Boat and Chick on the beach, which is suppose to be my wife..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:54 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

mtmilam wrote:
Warning...this is my first real attempt at drawing :D....But I'm doing a Paddleboard and want to do some "Surfboard Art" and want to incorporate my Hobie Wave....Here is the rough drawing with the Wave breaking thru a Wave :D

Here is the Whole thing...I have a 12' board thats a "blank canvas" on the bottom of the Paddleboard..:D

I sort of used my picture from the Daytona midwinters...I was breaking thru this wave :D....

Another Rough sketch I did between patients..:D:D.....This one may go on the Front of the board, in front of the Pad.

I plan on using the Posca Acrylic paint pens...then spray with krylon clear coat.....maybe put a Hippie Sun in there...:D

Maybe even do my white Rudders next :D:D

Drew Brophy rules !! love his art,, and his pens,,,,i like you hobie on there,,,,

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:37 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

These painting would make some fun T-Shirts. just a thought....