Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mast Caddy
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:42 am 
Site Rank - Captain

My Getaway came with that molded fiberglass thing that sits on the rear crossbar and bungees around the bar and mast to keep everything together. I had one for my Wave and it worked great. For some reason, this one keeps falling off. I can't tell you how many times I've looked in my rear view mirror and seen it dragging along the highway. Plus, the comptip grinds away on the crossbar. I'm glad I didn't buy this boat new, or I'd be horrified. SERENITY NOW! Anyway, I bungee it as tight as I can. The solid tramp makes it more difficult. The only place to go around the rear crossbar is the V in the centerI'm thinking about using bowstops. Any other suggestions? I drove 100 miles last weekend, using my ball glove, which messed it up a little. The whole point is to be able to trailer the darn thing. Oh, and my mast keeps sliding aft while trailering too. I know it sounds like I just need to tighten the bungee, but I can't. I've tried. Believe me. I'm thinking about making something out of PVC that I can mechanically fasten the mast to the caddy to the crossbar. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Post subject: Mast support
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:27 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

If your trailer frame is long enough, you should get a trailer mounted mast support.
Murrays catalog page 57 <http://www.murrays.com/archive/57-58revised.pdf>
It also helps when you step the mast.