Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:29 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I 've patiently had my livewell on order probably since August 07 -ish( ?)
I've found out from my dealer that Hobie has "lost" my order and am now at the bottom of the list. Obviously that kinda sucks.

I keeping asking on the forum here about when these livewells will be ready. I can't seem to find em up here in LA but folks down south in san diego can get em.

Why is that ?

I have heard that Hobie dumped their whole lot of livewells on their #1 retailer down in san diego?

Now this retailer is supposedly telling folks, individual customers, to buy 2 or 3 on sell them on ebay, where they can make a profit, while I've been patienly waiting.

Matt, as a loyal Hobie customer, please tell me this isn't true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:22 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Right now there is no hobie livewells on ebay. So it appears that it is not so. :?

Hobie Outback and wife has a Hobie Sport

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:42 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Went to the Fred Hall show in Del Mar, California a week ago. OEX had a bunch shipped to them but are out of stock. I just checked with the Hobie Dealer in Dana Point, CA today and they have received none. Since spring is here and it looks like the Hobie livewell is behind in production and shipping, I am ordering another product online this week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:20 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Matt is away from the office this week. I'll try my best to answer for him...

We are shipping out the second batch of Live Wells this week (they were just received)
If your dealer has them on order before about Jan of this year they will get them...if they placed an order after Jan. of 08' these will be shipped with our next batch expected delivery early May.

This has been a difficult new product launch for us - with many production delays but more importantly due to the better-than-expected sales!...we have limited production capacity with this item...but we're getting through this initial push as quick as possible.

As for us sending all our inventory to one dealer...that is not true.

We fill the back orders in the order that they are received. Some dealers ordered higher quantities than others...and some dealers ordered them a year ago (which is why some dealers received theirs with the first shipment - no other reason)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:03 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks
Thats sounds relatively resonable.

However some food for thought

So if a retailer orders 1000 units, nobody else can get any until the 1000 unit order is filled, even if another order is filled the same day ? Is that really fair ? It would seem that until all reailers have a crack at em orders should be limited to X units. So even high ranking retailers maybe could get 2x. Spread the wealth around

Just a thought

MikeG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:46 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I take back my previous post. I found one online and it should arrive this week. I plan on going out this Sunday so if I can get it strapped in I will let you know how it performed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:12 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

:D I have received one. It looks great and is really big. It comes with instructions on how to adjust the intake tube to fit your Hobie kayak. The exhaust tube is adjustable... so you can control how much water you want to retain.

Fresh water weighs about 8.34 pounds per gallon. Saltwater weighs about 8.56 pounds per gallon. At 8 gallons maximum capacity, that adds a lot of weight.

Hobie Outback and wife has a Hobie Sport

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:25 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Jbernier wrote:

As for us sending all our inventory to one dealer...that is not true.

In response to this statement here is a post
located in the Hobie Revolution review on plasticnavy.com, which is a public (not private) area of the forums and can be accessed by the link below

http://www.plasticnavy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2880

It is dated Apr 30 , 2007
The author "JARED" states
" We have the first 100 coming into our store and you can reserve one.. .... You can get our info from fastlanesailing.com. "

Knowing the whole country has been waiting for over 9 months for this product. It seems like Hobie sorta screwed all their SoCal dealers by forcing everybody to one dealer until production caught up with demand. I guess overall that was my point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:47 pm 
Hobie Approved Guru

Mg, I can certainly understand your frustration. There was a similar wait of almost 6 months when the Turbofins first came out, and I had one of the earliest orders. Fortunately my local dealer did place the order when I paid and nobody lost it, so I got mine the first week they arrived.

As I remember, Hobie didn't receive their full shipment, and dealers received theirs based on order date, exactly as jbernier indicated. If Hobie had rationed them, someone who ordered later might have got theirs first and I would have been a very unhappy customer! Hobie deals only with dealers, not customers, so they would have no way of distinguishing customer orders from dealer stock. Regardless, I would imagine Hobie ordered a lot more than Jared's "100".

I wonder if it's possible that your dealer simply screwed up and then passed the blame rather than face your disappointment? Unfortunately, there are a lot of folks who are not too good about admitting their mistakes (including me at times, according to my wife). On the other hand, you may be absolutely right about Hobie losing your order.

However your order managed to get fouled up, I'm glad you finally got your livewell and I really like your mod with pics. Thanks and happy fishing! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:08 am 
Authorized Hobie Dealer

Location: 315 N. Hwy 79 Panama City Beach, FL 32413 850-235-2281
I was also received my shipment on the 1st batch. Fastlane is a large dealer so I am sure he ordered 100's. He may have had a inside track I think he help with product testing as well as other dealers in the country, however we all received the info on ordering at the same time so it was up to the dealer to act fast and order there inventory, as with all new products they run out fast!

I can assure you Hobie does not play favorite's, well if they do they hide it form me well, they respect every dealer no matter the size and this is why they are by far my favorite company to deal with.

http://www.sunjammers.com
www.facebook.com/sunjammers