Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:17 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

HI everyone,

Howie here. I've been so busy lately with work that I haven't even had time to put the brand new AI into the water yet. Here's the scoop. I purchased an '07 about a month and a half ago, and brought it to my apartment. After a month of crawling over the thing, I finally put it in the garage next to my brand new toy sports car. My true love is flying, so am in the process of purchasing an ultralight aircraft. The kayak shop where I purchased my AI helped me with the upgrade for the rudder, so that is complete. I have two sails, and like I said neither have been used. They haven't even been unrolled yet. I also have the Land Shark kayak roof cradles and the Yakima easy load rod, all of which are brand new. They have of course loaded the kayak twice. Once from the shop and then to the shop for the upgrade. I also have an easy-step that you put on the tire which is to assist with loading the kayak on the roof. Helps if you are of the short-ER persuasion. Everything that comes with the kayak is all there and in NEW condition. I am willing to let the entire package go for $2900.00. I also have the newer upgraded rudder as well. If anyone as any questions, please feel free to contact me at my e-mail at
[email protected]. My telephone number is 361-443-2618. If I don't answer, please leave a message. Thanks and happy sailing.

Howie :D

Post subject: Some clarification...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:19 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I just wanted to give a little bit of info as to why I am selling the brand new AI. I just recently moved to Texas and my job is keeping me in overtime quite a lot. Weekends are mostly at work too, so just not had a chance to take her out, although I want to in a bad way. My dealer knows how badly I want to take her out and he is supposed to tag along on my first outing so that I can get used to setting it all up. I am also a pilot, and found, after much searching, a way for me to fly in a much less expensive way. So I decided to sell the AI. If I don't sell her, I will eventually take her out, but it would be much nicer if she were in the hands of someone who would really use her. All of the extras that are included were purchased new and I beleive I still have all of the receipts and some of the boxes. The boat new was $3199 plus tax. I have around $2800 in the boat and several hundred in the extras. The fact there is an extra brand new sail I thought would be an added bonus. The boat has never been assembled, but we did do the rudder upgrade about three weeks ago. If anyone should have any questions, feel free to give me a holler. Take care.

Howie

Post subject: sounds good to me
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:18 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

man if I needed another this would be the deal

2 sails, is one bigger than the other?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:23 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Sails are the same size. Thanks for the interest though.

Howie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:39 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Hi Howster...

Good luck with the sale, I doubt you will have much of a problem shifting yout AI and once thats done we wont be hearing from you again and I wont be able to ask you whats been spiking my curiousity since i read your first post on this topic....

.....why did you buy 2 sails???

....Just idle curiousity!!!! :)

philip