Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:50 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have also been one that has been reading the forums around here for the AI and have finally made the plunge. I recently purchased (about two months ago) two AI's for the wife and I. We are located in Brevard County Florida, with plenty of water to have fun with both fishing and sailing. With the Indian River, Banana River, Mosquito Lagoon and the big blue Atlantic, we are constantly finding new places to go and bigger fish to catch. I have recently started my offshore fishing with the islander and find it a complete joy. If there is any other fellow AI owners around who want to hit the ocean just let me know.

Could some please tell me how to add pictures to the post. I have a few I would like to share.

Happy to part of the AI community.
Warren V.V.

Last edited by Space Coast Islander on Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:47 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

G'Day and welcome SCI.
I'm green with envy that you have 2 AI's :wink:
See if this helps re the photo's:
http://www.hobiecat.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=9237

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:35 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks for the help with the photo info. Here are a few from a trip to Cocoa Beach earlier today (7/5/08) and the Indian River yesterday.

Nice Little Flounder
By gunnervv

Needs to grow a little more
By gunnervv

Indian River

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:04 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Welcome Warren!

Glad to see another AI in Florida as well. Not sure if we will ever meet on the water but who knows... Anyway -enjoy those two AI's. One thing i noticed is that my set-up / brakdown time is slightly longer with the AI over my traditional kayak. I guess yours is times two! 2 loads, 2 trips, 2 times the fun, right?

Rob E.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:26 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hello Warren,

I live in Brevard County also (Merritt Island) and I have been keeping my eyes on these boards to learn about the Adventure Islands with the intent to purchase primarily for fishing in the ocean. I finally found a hobie dealer that would rent me an Adventure island to try, and will have a demo in the coming weeks.

I have several questions I would like to ask, but the private message seems to be disabled on the boards. Please send me an email to [email protected]

I would love to get a list going of kayak / AI owners in our area interested in ocean kayak fishing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:33 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Hey Warren,
Welcome to the Hobie Forum and to the AI Fellowship. Here's a list of some of the other AI owners in Florida. Have fun!

http://www.hobiecat.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=8187

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:15 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

YakAdict wrote:
I live in Brevard County also (Merritt Island) and I have been keeping my eyes on these boards to learn about the Adventure Islands with the intent to purchase primarily for fishing in the ocean. I finally found a hobie dealer that would rent me an Adventure island to try, and will have a demo in the coming weeks.

Glad to hear of another so close. Suprise you found one who would rent you an AI. I sure tired to do that, but finally just bought them and have not regreted it. (Merritt Island) I put out at Kelly Park off or Banana River, with the wife often. She does not like the ocean and enjoys the spoil islands. I will be hitting the ocean with a friend on Friday morning, off of Jetty Beach, if Huricane Bertha does not effect offshore. I will give you an e-mail soon, off to work for now.

Warren

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:43 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I am new to this forum and to sailing the AI. I live on Sanibel and have been sailing with friends here who own 2 AI's. I finally decided I have to have my own. My husband did not quite understand why I needed a 3rd kayak since I already have a Sport and a Revolution. I am sailing a red loaner from Estero Kayak until the 2009's come in. After reading this forum, I do not think I want a red boat. Sailing on the bay side near the causeway is usually pretty good. Hope to see some other AI's out there. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:27 am 
Site Rank - Captain

sanibelbelle wrote:
After reading this forum, I do not think I want a red boat.

Just for the record, there are some satisfied red AI owners out there. I love my Red AI ! Still looks good and no problems so far. But I hear the yellow one's are faster :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:07 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

The yellow ones must be faster. I went sailing with a couple down from Pa. the other day. Janet left me in the wake of her new yellow Island and never looked back. It couldn't have been the extra 70 lb or so that I carry on me and my Red Island. :roll:
gwiz