Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:41 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

In Step 7 of the 2007 AI up/down line system kit (kit #81391002), the directions call for replacing the original up/down control lines and guides that exit the hull and attach to the rudder assembly with "new tubes and lines that are in this kit".

However, my kit only includes the two short straw-like rigid tubes that are to be used in step 17, and no other tubes or exit guides. And only "lines" in my kit were the 2 long black "scrunchie" cord-assemblies.

I'm pretty sure I have been shorted the two thin grey up/down control lines that attach to the rudder assembly (and the associated guide tubes)...or am I mis-reading the directions?

Could someone confirm that I'm short a few parts, or tell me how I'm mis-reading the instructions. Thx, Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:17 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joe,
I have installed 2 kits now and both came with coiled plastic tubes fitted with the grey spectra lines for the stern. Looks like you have been given an incomplete kit. Was the plastic bag sealed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:42 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Yes, sealed. I'll give my dealer a ring, and all will be well, I'm sure. After lots of head-scratching, just glad to hear the phantom parts are indeed what's missing, and not my reading comprehension. Thx, J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:31 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

There are two different kits, one for the 2007, and one for the earlier hulls. The difference seems to be if 2 tubes, or 4 are included in the kit. I think the idea was that the later boats already had the newer tubing on the rudder turning lines.

Kayaking Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:05 pm 
Hobie Approved Guru

I just upgraded an '07 today. The comments and suggestions here were invaluable to getting the job done successfully. Thanks to all for the great assistance!

If you save your old spectra line, it makes excellent tethers for your daggerboard, paddle, fishing gear or whatever; stores in your seat pouch for emergencies; or works well when attached to the round hatches for securing internal gear, like this boombat:
8)