Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: No calls from wife?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:35 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

drej wrote:
Quote:
But here is the real Plus...Your wife will NEVER call you on the VHF while you are sailing! :D

You're so right - mine just swats me right from the crew seat :roll: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:54 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

ooooh. Not sure there is a cure for that. :cry: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:44 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I bet your a good skipper to crew for no yelling on your boat. Tell the truth ever pitched on purpose :roll: :wink: :wink: just kidding I think thats great Team Work 8)

Todd

Post subject: Pitched on purpose?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:10 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Who me :?: :roll:

Actually, you can ask "MrsBetter" about the race we were in where I lost my footing the tiller and mainsheet and was hung along side the hull on the trap by my waist getting the crap beat out of me by big waves and a boat going 15 knots or so. She instinctively took over the tiller and mainsheet without losing a beat. I still remember her inspiring words as I was basically being keel-hauled alongside the windward hull, "Stephen, would you stop screwing around and get on the @#$%ing boat!!!" :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:43 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

SO MANY good stories these days. :)

I hope I can contribue one of my own. :o

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:35 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

My ideal Saftey (dry)bag has in it :

4 Flares: --self explanitory--

Chem lights: flares go out. red, green and white + zip ties incase you need running lights cause the wind died and you get stuck out at night.

Parachute chord: about 50'; it's real thin about 3/8" (space saver! thats good on a cat) its superstrong line/rope/twine/thread/ call it what you will but its military issue so you know its *bombproof.

Marine raido: that meets *"JIS7 standards" I'd hate to be going through a "can ya' hear me now" commercial in the middle of the Delaware river in an emergency. that said, you use extra virgin olive oil for cooking not 10W40. when your on the water I'd say MarineRaidoisBetter<--Pun intended sorry Wideris.... no hard feelings, just trying to make a funny.

Sea dye: for 5 bucks from Orion its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Paddle: (I know it cant fit in the bag but) I'm pretty darn sure that you are required to have one, infact I'm so sure of that, everytime I go out i have one lashed to the boat somewhere.

Needle nose plyers: for those pesky cotterpins and circular rudder pin stops I dont know those are actually called, i call them a pain in the @$$ RANT- TO: Hobie R&D, if ya tried harder, do ya think you could come up witha rudder pin setup that is more of a pain in the @$$? any body else feel that way?

Knife: mine has a smooth blade twards the front and cerraded<s.p.?> teeth twards the heel of the blade. the cerrade makes quick work of rope seaweed or whatever.

Sun screen: --self explanitory--

Bug repellant: Wind dies bugs come out you learn that real quick in Delaware.

Food and Water: probably the most important thing next to the raido, a few bottles of fresh water and snacks, power bars peanuts all high carb stuff.

Reefing Ties: Ya neverknow when the wind will really crank up and you will need to reduce sail area.

Bungie chord: Atleast one I gaurentee you'll find a use for one. now you know if you dont take one next time you go out your going to say "gee I wish I had a bungee chord"

I dont think there is too much that I could have missedis there?

Be safe this seaon, Sail hard, Sail fast !!

*"JIS7 standards"<---google it. good to know when buying a raido.
*Bombproof = Chris'ism for indestructable