Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:37 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

My buddy Jim Lay's account is marked inactive. I just got an email from him and he wondered how to contact the administrator to get it reactivated.
His handle is Jim_L. This is what he sent my and maybe someone can reset his account:
Hi Glenn,

I'm kinda stuck, and I'm hoping you may be able to help me out. I upgraded to the new Firefox the other day, and the new browser doesn't remember my login to the AI forum. I tried to log in, but couldn't remember my password. Well, at least not at first. So I clicked on the "Forgot my password" link. I entered my username and e-mail address, and clicked the OK button, as is normal in such situations. This is a problem because the registered e-mail address uses my hjlay.com domain. We just changed hosting services for our domains, and while the hjlay.net has been successfully moved to the new service, the hjlay.com has not yet completed. Anything addressed to me at the .com domain just goes nowhere. Anyway, about that time I remembered my password (great timing, I know). I logged in and changed my e-mail address to use the .net domain. It also prompted me to change my password. When I did that, it logged me out and told me to log in using the new password. Again, normal for such situations. When I went to log in with the new password, it tells me that I've entered an invalid account or password. I've tried both the old password and the new password, with the same result. The new password uses one of the special characters, so I thought that might be causing a problem. I clicked the "Forgot my password" link again. When I enter the username and the .com address, it tells me that the e-mail address does not match the registered information, so I know the e-mail address change was saved. When I enter the username and the .net address, it tells me "Sorry, but your password cannot be retrieved because your account is currently inactive. Please contact the forum administrator for more information." The problem is that I can find no link or instructions as to how to contact a forum administrator. Can you log in and see if you can find anything that might help me?

Thanks,
- Jim

Anyway.... thoughts?

Glenn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:28 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

The very first person in the member list is called forum, and describes themselves as "site admin". Send them a PM.

Geoff.

Post subject: Thanks!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:12 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks Geoff!

I'll contact him.

Glenn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 am 
Site Admin

I re-set his account...not sure why it was listed as inactive - he should have access now.

Jbernier

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:48 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

It's working now.

Thanks for the help,
- Jim L