Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:46 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

As of Nov. 12, 2008 there are 17 tigers rsvp'd for havamega, puerto rico. canada, texas, cali, ect. sailor of all different levels. My challenge to the tiger owners. Over 30 tigers for the na's this year. Wheather you be in the top 5 or bottom 5 lets get alot of tigers out and racing. There is a small chance that the 2012 Olympics could be bringing back a multihull event and the tiger could replace the tornado. Lets show ISAF IOC ITA and everyone else that the tiger fleet is strong and one of the best to race in. 33 boats for the F-18 NA's lets beat that just on tigers this year.
rsvp at Havamega site now.
http://havamega.com/
P.S. Gordo is running this show. How much of a blast is this going to be. This will be my first national event, what about you?

http://www.sailblogs.com/member/f-185150sailing/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:10 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Great to see the excitment for the Havamega. :D

You forgot to mention the Tigers from the Northwest in the previous post (etc?), nine of those seventeen registered so far are from the Northwest Tiger fleet. :?

I expect at least a couple more Northwest Tigers to register. Maybe your chalenge should be to get as many Tigers from your region to register as we have. :wink:

Sad that all of the Tigers at the NAs this year were the local fleet except one who made the trip up from California. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:18 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Yes Mike
The PNW has ruled the numbers last few years. Here in division 3 we has 3 racing all year and 2 part timers. But I hear we just got 2 more so looks like 5 or 6 now.
I never meant to exclude division four you guys are the leaders right now,its the rest of the country i was challenging.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:06 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

LOL, I just had to throw smething up there since you were issuing challenges. :lol:

Any way I also think we will have a great turn out of Tigers at the Havamega.

Keep pumping it up, only twelve months to go. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:12 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Mike
Your the master I bow to you in gettin the numbers up at regattas. First round on me at the mega. OK Mikes got division 4 I'm in 3 , tiger sailors from other divisions wanna step up for your division?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:57 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I can not claim credit for the numbers in Div four. It is a group effort, headed up by Don Atchley on the email circuit.

Our Google group and email list kept every one in constant, and I do mean constant, cantact. Nearly daily email status on fleet activities.
We knew in advance who was going to be at a regatta and who wasn't. Those who were not RSVP'd would be pestered until we convinced them that they "just couldn't miss" this one, it was going to be huge.
I think the only acceptable reason for not going was your mom's 70th birthday. We even razzed guys for that.

I think the class web site for the Tiger will help promote our fleet also. Hopefully things are only going up. At each regatta last year we were striving for 12-13 Tigers. This year with our end of the season additions to the fleet, I hope that the 12-13 number is our low. Really 15 is what we will be driving at.

Now the focus is to work into the schedule all of the opertunities to sail this year. Schedule co-ordination time.

More sailing more fun. Havamega here we come.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:53 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

mike hensel wrote:
I can not claim credit for the numbers in Div four. It is a group effort, headed up by Don Atchley on the email circuit.

Our Google group and email list kept every one in constant, and I do mean constant, cantact. Nearly daily email status on fleet activities.
We knew in advance who was going to be at a regatta and who wasn't. Those who were not RSVP'd would be pestered until we convinced them that they "just couldn't miss" this one, it was going to be huge.
I think the only acceptable reason for not going was your mom's 70th birthday. We even razzed guys for that.

I think the class web site for the Tiger will help promote our fleet also. Hopefully things are only going up. At each regatta last year we were striving for 12-13 Tigers. This year with our end of the season additions to the fleet, I hope that the 12-13 number is our low. Really 15 is what we will be driving at.

Now the focus is to work into the schedule all of the opertunities to sail this year. Schedule co-ordination time.

More sailing more fun. Havamega here we come.

Let the record show;

I only purchased one of those boat$.

And my hat goes off to Jerry and Mike as two of the original owners that hung in there through the lean years. Then like most "overnight" success stories we took off!

I'm hoping for 20 boats at a couple races next year. :P