Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:12 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

JacksonHoleWyoming wrote:

The AI provides high adrenaline adventure kicks when the wind is high, but you'll discover it just as enjoyable in a Zen way on low wind days.

Chris

Chris, you nailed it! The word we've been searching for to describe the AI experience...

AdZenaline!

I think I just found a new name for my boat. Good thing I haven't had the vinyl done yet.

Happy Sailing,
- Jim L

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:05 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Geoff wrote:
mickeymouse wrote:
Quote:
Something I can confirm : as already stated by a forum member from Scotland, in Europe at the moment, what we're offered are still 2008 AI at full retail price (4100 euros) !
And if one decides to wait till all the 2008 are gone, he is warned that the 2009 models will be substantially more costly (but hard to know the exact price increase).

arno - maybe you should think about relocating. :roll:
I could buy 2 2009 AIs here in Australia for the price you have to pay :shock:
Mickey

For sure we could buy one here and I am sure transport would not cost that much. Maybe I should look at excess baggage when I fly to Frankfurt in a few months? Actually I was trying to do a home exchange in France, and think I finally have one in Paris. I would have been be prepared to offer the AI along with my home here, for a good exchange in France. There's an idea. Come out, try an AI for a week or so, buy one here, and ship it back unaccompanied baggage. Take two back and pay for your holiday as well.

Geoff.

I was talking to my Hobie dealer today. He told me he has a customer who visits Australia from the UK every year. He buys a new AI each year, sails for 3 months through the Australian summer, then ships it to the UK and sails it through the northern spring/summer. He then sells it in Europe and breaks even on the initial purchase price plus shipping.