SO i tried making my new hinges today. cut the blank stainless to length. clamped the old hinges to the new ones, marked, and drilled the new holes.
At first it seemed a little tight against one side, but it was still working. so i siliconed it all up. Bolted it down(two holes in the window didn't line up). And then as i tightened it it got further and further out of alignment to where it was impossible to close.
SO i unbolted everything and switched the hing to the other side(there was a slight offset in my stock hinges) That door fit well in the frame. but two of the window holes didn't line up and a third felt stripped. SO i tried drilling new holes to align better. first hole was drilled and piloted but i stil got a "crack" when i went to tighten it down, the second hole i guess the originals were drilled at an angle. Drill bit broke, glass chipped in the bottom edge. now three of the windows holes are unusable and the window is visibally pulling away from the hinge when resting in the open possition.
WHAT A DISASTER. My cat cabin was FLAWLESS prior to me attempting to redo these hinges!!! I feel like a pile of dog leftovers right now....