Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Newbie Reports
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:59 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I bought my Mirage i12s early last summer and had great fun with it all season. For a 60-something woman who had never used an inflatable boat before, it was very easy to inflate and launch (I got the plug-in wheels and they save a lot of energy).
I worried about lifting it back into my car but I found a trick that worked for me. I keep it inflated and on the wheels, then run the stern up into the hatchback (with the rear seats folded down). I open the air valves and let it deflate, then starting at the bow I roll it up like a tortilla. This forces the air out and the boat ends up in a bundle which I leave in my car until the next paddle. This wouldn't work for those folks who need the rear seats, but I found it very convenient.
At the end of the season I bought an inexpensive garden cart and rolled the kayak into it. It has spent the winter in my condo storage unit.
This season I'm looking forward to my new i9s. It will be a bit shorter and lighter. I've got my i12s posted in the For Sale listings. These are great recreational kayaks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:36 pm 
Hobie Approved Guru

Hi alexis and welcome to the forum. Thanks for the loading tip on the i12 -- very clever idea! That i9 is a great little boat -- light and versatile, yet with an excellent capacity. No doubt you're going to really enjoy yours. 8)

Post subject: Re: A Newbie Reports
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:14 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I was told and read that the 12's were more stable. True or not? Just decided to switch...but now wondering whether need to? Any feed back would be appreciated and if 12 more stable, might be interested in a trade with you??? But mine is brand new...used only 4 times. Windlass