Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:09 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

After 15 years of not "Having a Hobie Day," I just jumped back in with both feet into a Tiger w/o ever having sailed one. My name came up on the dry-dock list at the SFYC, and the timing was right (November and tanking stock market), so I went for it. Thanks to Jeremy at Surf City, Matt and Greg from the factory, and Paul Hess for answering a lot of dumb questions.

If an experienced Tiger sailor wants to go out on SF Bay with me and show me the ropes, I'd love to go out. Good news is that the boat will be stored mast up 5 mins from my house. Not sure what kind of racing I can commit to as I'm racing on a Soverel 33' and having a great time with the guys in the Club Series. Really just looking to blast around the bay on those days when the wind/weather cooperate.

Really glad to be back in the Hobie family!

-Charles Froeb-
Tiburon, CA

2x Hobie 14' 1970-1988
2x Hobie 16' 1980-1996
Hobie Tiger 2008-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:33 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Charles
Welcome to the hobie way. The alter cup qualifier is in a few weeks , nov 22 at richmond yacht club. I will be in town all week and also the last few weekends of december. Phil Meridith as also experienced on the tiger and sails out of redwod city. Frank out of Santa Rosa, also has one.
Feel free to call if you have any questions or stop by for the alter qualifer / division party on the 22nd.
Rich

http://www.sailblogs.com/member/f-185150sailing/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:27 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Charles:

Great to have you back!!! This will be fun. You have to come South for some regattas. I will get you a crew. Stay with Eileen and I if you need. Is Gordo still in the area?

Myrter just took a job up in San Anselmo. He does not know if he is bringing his boat up there or not. He is thinking about keeping it at ABYC and coming down for regattas. That area is hard pressed to find too many F18s. Big on H16s and 20s though.

Later,
Dan DeLave
dandelave at gmaildotcom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:30 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Welcome back Dan, where you been? Charles and I are probably going to do the ditch run together, I see you're in. Can't wait looks like a fun race. I've always heard good things about it but never done it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:31 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Charles, It's great to be able to store the boat with the mast up. This November though you need to drop that thing and head south to Lake Havasu for the HAVAMEGA Regatta. Maybe even Dan :lol: can remember how to get there. (I'll send you a map with directions if you need one). You can take a look at their website and even pre-reg for the event online. Greg's going to pre-reg sometime soon we hope. Here's their link http://www.havamega.com/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:40 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Greg:

I have been a bit busy starting a new business (http://jeunedage.com) and recovering from knee surgery. Yesterday was my first time on the Tiger, since surgery.

I avoid the forums if I cannot sail as it gets me too antsy to get on the water. Now that I am sailing maybe I will pay more attention. Thanks for the concern.

Later,
Dan