Safety first! When you plan to go out Kayaking, Touring or Fishing, plan ahead for potential problems.
Possible Safety List Includes:
- LifeVest (Wear it!)
- Trip plan. Let people know where you are going and when you should be back.
- Know how to right a capsized kayak. Practice near a beach and with help near by and practice getting back into the boat.
- Footwear. Think Warm, Wet, Slippery and Rocky...
- Visability. Wear bright colors and or carry a flag on a tall pole.
- Lites, flashlite?
- 1st Aid Kit
- Cell Phone
- Space blanket (emergency warmth)
- Flares, Smoke, Die pack
- Repair Kit, Spare Parts
- Bailer or bilge pump
- Internal flotation bags in case the hull floods due to a removed hatch.
- Spare paddle (Extendable paddle / Orange for safety uses)
- Fanny Pack (Can keep cell phone, blanket, flares and GPS with you)
Director of Parts and Accessory Sales
Warranty and Technical Support
Hobie Cat USA