Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Boat Back on the Water!
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:38 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

After a lot of work getting the hulls solid again and then alot of repainting my 14 Turbo is back on the water!

Could you have a look at the photos and tell me if anything is wrong on the boat or could be better?

Im also wondering if anyone has ever had problems with water getting in via the posts on the hulls? If so would filling with silicon fix them? I have completely sealed all the rest of the hulls and replaced the bungs and siliconed them in.

Anyway heres the photos on the River Tay, Dundee, Scotland.

http://dundeesailingclub.org.uk/index.p ... -BACK.html

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:27 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Only problem is that the jib is furled! :)

I'm new to 14's but the 16's used to get water into the hulls via the vents that pass up through the post. Not sure if it's the same with the 14, but I've heard of guys plugging them up. Also, I used to re-caulk the deck-post seam just to keep everything tight.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:18 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Has the jib out on Sunday and Tuesday night, 23 degress on Sunday with glorious sunshine (yes, in Scotland!) with a force 2-3 right out to the mouth of the River Tay on a beat, lunch on a sandbank then back in on the turn of the tide with a force 1 pushing my sunbathing platform back up the river! Magic!

Had approx 3 litres of water in the port hull and 2 in the starboard after siliconing up the plugs some more and putting some silicon around the join of the post and the fibreglass.

Went to the local joke shop and got some smoke bombs so going to funnel the smoke into the bung holes and see where it comes out, will update on the results.