Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cover for Hobie Bravo
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:16 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Does anyone know of a fitted cover for the Bravo? There are a lot of trees by our shoreline and I would like to keep it clean from all the pollen etc..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:33 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Boy I would love it if Hobie sold one. I am picking up my brand spanking new Bavo tomorrow (April16) in Charlestown Rhode Island. All my boats have had specific covers for the make of the boat and although expensive, pays for itself over the years with the protection it offers over the years from the elements. Plus resale value of the boat is better if it isn't faded etc. I will keep my eyes open for covers sold by other manufacturers e.g. sailor tailor etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:46 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Our experience is that because of the porosity of rotomolded polyethylene, a lot of the traditional covers that work well on a fiberglass boat do not work well on the "plastic" boats.

If the cover itself is not sluffing off material, it is at least trapping dirt against the hull. Over time (and a fairly short time), the poly hull is stained. So while a cover might keep debris and bird droppings off of the hull, it's not actually going to keep the hull clean unless you frequently remove the cover to clean between it and the boat.

Parking under a hard cover is a much better long-term solution, though an option few people have.

Brian C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:53 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Yeah, I keep my new Bravo on a trailer in an open storage lot, and I bought a semi-expensive white tarp that I held down with bungee cords. Though I felt that I kept everything clean, after about the fourth time, I pulled off the tarp to find dirt marks all along the sides of my boat. I tried Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and Fantastic but they did almost nothing. Then today I tried the new Hobie boat cleaner and it works better, reducing the dirt/stains about 80%--though they're still somewhat visible. Anyway, now I no longer use the tarp--which I guess I shouldn't have used in the first place. I don't like the fact that my boat will probably fade in the coming years, but at least I save the twenty minutes I used to spend rigging up that tarp each time...

--Bob

--George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:36 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Great info on Bravo storage here. Before reading this, I had planned to keep my Bravo both under a covered parking area next to my barn and covered with a tarp. Now I'll forget the tarp option and just hose off the spiders before heading out. What would we do without these forums :?:

My home page