Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:31 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Can anyone recommend a readily available material to replace the small rectangular pieces of flexible material mounted on either side of the daggerboads to serve as "daggerboard holders"?

I am referring to the ~2.25 inch long x ~1.5 inch wide pieces labeled "99501200 Cale dérive/holder (4 pcs)", pictured on page 2 of the Tiger parts list posted at http://static.hobiecat.com/2010_archive/support/pdfs/tigerparts-08.pdf.

The Hobie dealer I asked about this suggested an expedient replacement, rather than trying to get the parts from Hobie.

It seems like a piece of floor squeege blade would work, but the squeege blades I have seen are black or red, so I'm concerned that they would transfer color to the boards or bleed color to the hull.

The pieces that came with my 2006 Tiger are red, and had lost most of their flexibility after 2 years.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:40 am 
Site Admin

Order # F99501200 DAGGERBOARD HOLD DOWN KIT

In stock.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:22 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

If you only need replacement rubber parts - and not the hold caps and screws / we can provide those. The kit part number includes all three components.

We also have extra replacement rubber inserts - just tell your dealer what you need specifically and I'll make sure they get the correct items. They are all in stock - not sure why they weren't able to just place an order with us....sorry for the delay.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:25 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Jacques & Matt - Thanks for your replies! My Hobie dealer is proceeding to place the order. Please, don't come down on him about not checking with Hobie first. He's been really great about helping with everything else and now with this also, and is a really great promotor of Hobie catamarans & catamaran racing. I messed up in even mentioning anything about a Hobie dealer when I wrote the post.

Thanks again for your help!