Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Why the long wait?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:59 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Roller, in mid-October, my kids are planning to rent a cottage somewhere near your neck of the woods for a weekend birthday party for my eldest daughter's 30th (the choice so far is between an isolated cottage on the beach somewhere near Bawdsey, or a couple of caravans close to the fleshpots of Gt Yarmouth....)

I would never dream of inflicting my family even upon my worst enemy, but if you were tempted to give me a demonstration of the uniqueness of the AI, it might give me a chance to escape for a little while...

It is probably time for me to confess that I have decided not to buy a Hobie MirageDrive to keep me entertained during my retirement - I think the MirageDrive itself is possibly a hugely historic advance in the evolution of marine propulsion systems, but I need a slightly more 'general-purpose' hullform than a Sit-on-Top Kayak, and I also prefer a more conventional sailrig.

I hope no-one minds if I continue to follow this forum, and occasionally chip in with my worthless opinions!

Ditch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:58 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

No-continue on with your worthless opinions Ditch! :)
We`re not in Russia or China.

By the way...
If you deliberately tried to fail the M.D. it could happen. Otherwise-I can attest to its infallibility.250 miles worth. 8)
She is far more of a (censored) against mother nature than YOU could ever hope to be!
Just kidding lady :lol:

b itch.
uh oh we are in Orwells 1984

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:08 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Shame you have decided not to get the AI. Regarding the long wait; I was told by my supplier that I would be getting a long wait because first the AI gets shipped from the states to Amsterdam (the main dealer in Europe) then to my supplier in the UK he then unpacked it, checked it, and re-shipped to me. I can assure you it was well worth the wait.
Your inexperience with sailing can be easily overcome, there are hundreds of clubs in the UK that run approved dinghy sailing classes. A lot of the courses are run by volunteers so its cheap as well. I would recommend the lessons especially if you are sailing in some of the crowded waterways of the UK, they will teach you how to use the wind,tide and the sails correctly which will mean faster, safer sailing and better manouverbility. (for example you are taught to use the sails to assist in turning, a skilled sailor can steer a dinghy without a rudder using the sails and shifting his/her body weight). The course will also teach you the rules of the road, have you ever wondered why sailors shout starboard at each other all the time, or a boat sounds its horn in a certain way?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:15 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Northsea, it ain't Roller who decided against the AI, it's me!

It's Roller who said he don't know nothing about sailing, but i think he's lying

Aledal, I think I could probably love you, but this forum is supposed to be about boats...

Ditch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:58 pm 
Site Admin

Roller wrote:
Anyone from Hobie care to answer my question??

We don't have staff answering posts on weekends on a regular basis and back from Holiday today myself...

Transportation to the European Distributor is by full sea container. If they ran out of stock... yes, they would need to order a full container and then it would be weeks for delivery all the way from the US Pacific Coast.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:49 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Thanks Ditch.
I thought love was synonomous with sailing?
seriously though-I think you`d love her(the A.I)
call it a him if you like. :roll: