Hi every one,
I'm really hooked on day-long runs along the coast with the AI.
Now I'd like to make one step up the ladder and spend nights outdoors.
The problem is that down here there are many places where you can't sleep on solid ground (for lack of a suitable place or environmental regulations forbidding it).
So I made my little homework on the list and here are three quotes I hope their authors won't mind me digging out :
1) Phil : "I had high hopes that the nets might be used for sleeping but if you whole weight is on one side you will be in the water! If you could keep your butt in the boat and sleep crosswise it is doable. ..."
2) jawzney : "I've created a system for dropping anchore and sleeping aboard. (Picture a cot just off center with a lightweight one man tent on it.)"
So just pull out the bed pad & sleeping bag and sleep on the cockpit. It's not too bad if ya tired enough.
3) Roadrunner : "So just pull out the bed pad & sleeping bag and sleep on the cockpit. It's not too bad if ya tired enough."
My comments :
1) Precisely what I hoped too... I was thinking of attaching one ama to the other (with details to be found obviously), just for the night, which could avoid the problem Phil found out. Just for the night we might get a stable enough platform ?
2) I'm afraid I don't really see what jawzney set up is like. In that thread, some one refers to the possibilty of fitting a hammock, that would be great (lightweight, foldable and comfy, especially on a boat !)
3) I don't sleep much but that's perhaps a little too hardcore for my non-Everglades challenge purposes
Any thoughts on the matter ?