Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Broken Bay Outing
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:31 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

LOL Slaughter. Thought that might prompt a comment or two. Actually when I first got the red AI and Mickey got his beloved yellow model, I secretly prefered the yellow but the boats needed to be different. However the red now equally appeals to me so all is good....Pirate :D :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:02 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I should check this forum more often! I would definitely have joined this expedition.

I don't suppose that another is being considered in the near future?

stevo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:04 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Beautiful.What a sight to behold.
No sarcasm.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:10 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

On second and third inspection Aledal, I totally agree. The colours, the crystal clear waters, beautiful backgrounds and very clear photos make for most beautiful scenes captured with such sharp photography. Bravo guys....Pirate :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:40 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

stevo wrote:
I should check this forum more often! I would definitely have joined this expedition.

I don't suppose that another is being considered in the near future?

stevo

Pity you weren't there Stevo. More the merrier. I'm sure another one will be organised not too far in the future.

Where do you usually sail?

David

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:11 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The more the merrier Stevo. I would really like to have a go from the Hawksbury Bridge west towards Wismans Ferry. We could launch in at Patonga or Brooklyn as before or even that carpark on the northern side of the bridge on the west side of the highway. There don't look to be as many beaches to pull into as with our last trip, but still the scenery is pretty spectacular. An overnighter would also be good. I'll just plant the seed. Someone else can pick a date.

Don't take life too seriously................it ain't permanent.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:56 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Slaughter wrote:
The more the merrier Stevo. I would really like to have a go from the Hawksbury Bridge west towards Wismans Ferry. We could launch in at Patonga or Brooklyn as before or even that carpark on the northern side of the bridge on the west side of the highway. There don't look to be as many beaches to pull into as with our last trip, but still the scenery is pretty spectacular. An overnighter would also be good. I'll just plant the seed. Someone else can pick a date.

That's Deerubbun Reserve in Mooney Mooney Slaughter. That would be the place to launch for a trip upriver. I've paddled it in my pre-AI days, up to the head of Popran Creek, near where I live. It's a nice trip, but the breezes might be a bit erratic - the river narrows and passes through hills. If we were heading in that direction, a sail down Berowra Waters might be good. I've never done it, but I've been there by car and it's pretty spectacular, as you say (like the rest of the Hawkesbury/Broken Bay). It's 17km from Mooney to the Berowra Waters Ferry, so the round trip would be a longish one, considering a lot of it could be pedalling. Alternatively, Spencer is just 12km from Mooney. Just a thought.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:31 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Quote:
Spencer is just 12km from Mooney. Just a thought.

There's a shingle hanging over a picnic table (pub!!) near jetty which states "Welcome to Spencer - the centre of the universe!!" :o :lol:
Great pub!!
:wink:

Adventure Island Sailing since 2008

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:11 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Cowsgomoo wrote:
Pity you weren't there Stevo. More the merrier. I'm sure another one will be organised not too far in the future.

Where do you usually sail?

David

I sail out of Patonga. Usually hang around the river, up into Pittwater, around Lion Island or across to Ettalong. I haven't been out much this winter though. I am away in most of September but plan to do a few runs through August. I plan to be up at Patonga most weekends through August, but it's not always up to me!

If this image works it gives an idea of a typical Sunday.

stevo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:40 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Not sure why your image didn't display. I manage to copy the link into another window and view it that way.
I'd like to do a trip around Lion Island sometime.

I'm not going to be able to get out until Sept by the looks of things. Going to be on-call for the next few weeks plus I've got a couple of projects to work on.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:46 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

chrisj wrote:
Slaughter wrote:

That's Deerubbun Reserve in Mooney Mooney Slaughter. That would be the place to launch for a trip upriver. I've paddled it in my pre-AI days, up to the head of Popran Creek, near where I live. It's a nice trip, but the breezes might be a bit erratic - the river narrows and passes through hills. If we were heading in that direction, a sail down Berowra Waters might be good. I've never done it, but I've been there by car and it's pretty spectacular, as you say (like the rest of the Hawkesbury/Broken Bay). It's 17km from Mooney to the Berowra Waters Ferry, so the round trip would be a longish one, considering a lot of it could be pedalling. Alternatively, Spencer is just 12km from Mooney. Just a thought.

A good thought too Chris. The MirageDrive has been getting more use than the sail lately. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:16 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Cowsgomoo wrote:
Not sure why your image didn't display. I manage to copy the link into another window and view it that way.

I'm not going to be able to get out until Sept by the looks of things. Going to be on-call for the next few weeks plus I've got a couple of projects to work on.

Hmm, so I guess you're not up for Middle Harbour on Sunday.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:55 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

chrisj wrote:
Cowsgomoo wrote:

Hmm, so I guess you're not up for Middle Harbour on Sunday.

Rats :(
Unfortunatly not. Have to go out Sunday as well. :cry:

Hopefully get to work on a "Yak improvment project". To be revealed at a later date... :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:14 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Getting my videos sorted. Here's a link to a better quality version of the one I posted the other day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mprEUljaX4E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVPnFj5NHBg

Peddling the MirageDrive and filming isn't a good combination.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:38 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Great Video's and it looks as though Pirate is right, the Red ones are faster... :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next