Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: i14T Backseat Driver
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:22 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I'm interested in purchasing an i14T for my wife and I. We went to the closest dealer about 90 minutes away, but all he had in stock was the i12S, which gave us a good feel for the construction quality and the miragedrive.

The only area of concern regards my size. I'm 6'2" tall and I fit well into the i12S and my wife is 5'10" and she fit well also. However, the saleman told us that the heavier person needed to sit in the rear (no problem with this), but he also said the rear seat had less leg-room than the front seat which was similar to the i12S and that I might not "fit" well into the rear seat.

Question to the forum - any experience out there with tall folks in the back seat of the i14T?

The closest demo site is 400 miles away and I'd like to get some user perspective before I take the 2 day drive.

Thanks,
Terry

Post subject: Re: i14T Backseat Driver
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:41 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi Backseat Driver

I have owned an i14T inflatable for several months now and have the sail kit.

I am 185cm (6 feet) tall and may be off assistance to you. I am quite long in the leg for my height also (that probably gives you a laughable image of my physique).

The i14T is fine up front and in the rear for me. There are plenty of adjustments both in the seat and in the drive that a comfortable position is not hard to find.

We often travel with my two girls and my wife; and still manage to fit everybody in.

The only complicatation is when you are two up and put the sail in. The person in the front needs to sit forward a bit so that the mast and the back of the front seat do not interfere with each other. I have sat in the front and the rear while sailing and it all works out.

In summary, tall people fit very well in the i14T.

Clinton

Post subject: Re: i14T Backseat Driver
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:45 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks Clinton - I appreciate your feedback and the fact that you fit fine in the backseat.
Terry