Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hobie 18/20 Nationals
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 6:37 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

FYI The online registration is open for the 18/20 Nationals in Clear Lake Iowa 50428. www.hobiecatdivision7.org click on the 18/20 icon and the registration form is there. PAYPAL is accepted and preferred method of payment.
Any questions about this event email [email protected] or call
641-425-8720
Chris Wessels

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:48 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The deadline for early registration is coming up at the end of July, so log on to www.hobiecatdivision7.org register for the 18 and 20 Nationals and use PAYPAL to pay.
This will be a spectacular event, held at the ILYAs 2005 Yacht Club of the Year. :P
Please contact [email protected] with any questions.
Need crew/skipper or have comments etc.....log on to above link and use the FORUM (similar to this one)
See you in Sept.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:36 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Hobie 18 registration has been held over until the end of this week (Aug 5th) Use the site in the above post to register.

Hobie 20 registration has been held over until this wednesday Aug 3rd. Lots of boats already signed up, register NOW!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:32 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hello Everyone!
I would first like to say thanks to Chris for the previous messages to all you Hobie Big Boat sailors out there. We currently have 42 boats registered to race at the 2005 Hobie 20 & 18 Nationals. Our goal was 35 boats, but our hope was for 45 - 50 boats. Sooooo, if there is any other Hobie 20 or 18's reading this who are on the fence about coming, please go to our website link from http://www.fleet10.com find my phone number and give me a call.

I will do my best to convince you of a great event this is going to be. We are providing an embroidered wind jacket in place of your typical T-shirt, Three Meals (Monday night, Wednesday night, & Friday's banquet), Awesome trophies (Although you will have to finish in the top 10 in the 20 Group or Top 6 in the 18 Group), and finally some really awesome giveaways from our various generous sponsors such as APS, Murrays, Hobie Cat, and the Sailing Center.

Typical winds in September in North Iowa range from 12-20mph and the temps should be in the mid to high 60's. We have the whole State Park and Beach to use and the lake is usually very quiet this time of year.

On top of all the above, we are blessed to have Means Davis as our PRO/Head Judge and a cast of various other Certified Club Race Officers. The Clear Lake Yacht Club won the Inland Lakes Yachting Association Club of the Year in 2004.

Finally, think about it....How often do you East, West, & South Coast persons get to travel to the center of the country to Race a Hobie Cat? :lol:

If you have any questions, just give me a phone call.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

:D woohoo see you there :D

Post subject: Spare Masts
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:17 pm 
Site Admin

Spare Masts.

The die for extruding H20 masts was broken in August. We will be unable to get new masts until late September.

Anyone have extra masts thay can bring? Might be a good idea and I think several guys are actually waiting for one.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)