Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Getaway Trapeze
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:15 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Do any of you Getaway owners use a trapeze? If so, is it enjoyable, and does it add performance? I would love to hear about your impressions and experiences. Thanks - Mark

Post subject: Trapeze
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:34 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have used the Trap on my Getaway several times by myself. It is great and more stable than a 16. My daughter and son-in-law love it. The won't go unless they can use the trap. The full body rig is better than the seat only. Much more comfortable.
Gurney

Post subject: Re: Trapeze
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:58 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Gurney wrote:
I have used the Trap on my Getaway several times by myself. It is great and more stable than a 16. My daughter and son-in-law love it. The won't go unless they can use the trap. The full body rig is better than the seat only. Much more comfortable.
Gurney

Thanks for the response. It sounds really enjoyable. When you use it by yourself, which telescoping tiller extension do you use?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:39 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hotstick. I use it for everything. Its bigger around than the standard one and is eaiser to hold. Enjoy
Gurney :D

Post subject: Trapeze opinions
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:34 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have a new Getaway. I ordered it with hot stick & larger connection rings for trapeze. My kids just love it. Finally tried it myself. Then I went on to traping alone. I was very nervous about trapezing alone but once I tried it in reasonable winds, its quite a thrill. (I'm 55 ...so this was even more daunting)

My wing seat covers were replaced because the way we were shown to rig the bungys around wings attached to trap wires resulted in the bungy metal rings wearing a holes in the fabric on both seat. Hobie needs to protect the metal ring on the bungy.

Trapezing with this boat does not result in instabiltiy even in calm winds. I continue to be impressed with stabiltiy & safety of this boat. Well done Hobie!

I have the Hobie harness which has an adjustable lumbar support. Very comfortable. Very adjustable.

Trapezing is something everybody should try as it opens up a whole new aspect of sailing and...what a away impress people! Feels like soaring / flying. You will never bore of sailing with the trap.
Bob...east of Toronto.