Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:53 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi folks,
Picked up my new Pro angler today after waiting to get the correct roof racks and have fitted a Humminbird 383c sounder/gps combo unit and two ball mount rod holders. Also got a stakeout pole which will be very useful in the Estuary's I fish in Southern Australia. I got the Hobie Live well too and plan on using it for the ABT Bream Kayak series if I get good enough. Have had a few problems with the steering on the PA since I moved the control to the Starboard side the rudder will not turn to starboard at all as it hits the seat .. have played with the strings in the back bit but I really don't know what I'm doing there.

Anyhow here is a few pics of the new toy ... hope ot enjoy its maiden voyage on the weekend 8)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:44 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I have that same 383C FF but have not hooked it up yet on my PA. could I see how you mounted the transducer please?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:23 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Get the steering figured out before you put in. Believe me. I had to go over mine on a sandy beach when I should have been out fishing. Take the steering knob apart and see what that little thumb-wheel does. It might surprise you... Then run the cable under the center of the seat instead of around the outside of it. Right down the center drain indentation. Less strain on it this way. You have to remove the seat to get it under there but that's not a big deal.. Two knobs. I had to "re-center" the rudder controls in the back when I moved the rudder knob from front to side... The little turn knob on the rudder control is to "take slack" out of the steering. It's sensitive to being over tightened. Good luck and enjoy. Love the PA.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:29 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Good luck with your new ride. I'm more than certain there will be many mods as you go along. The steering issue is not a new one, in time it will be where you need it; it will take some adjustment...but you'll get it. Good luck to you!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:53 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

atavuss wrote:
I have that same 383C FF but have not hooked it up yet on my PA. could I see how you mounted the transducer please?

I just put mine in a foam box glued near the mast support...
works a treat