Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:27 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hi,

I have a terribly old H14 that needs a replacement trampoline. I'm wondering where I can get one that is affordable. Most of the ones I've seen on the web are $250-$350. I'm hoping to find someone who makes them a little cheaper. Any tips?

Thanks, Paris.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:42 pm 
Hobie Approved Guru

You get what you pay for . . .

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:45 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I saw with my own eyes ... someone had used an actual (real) trampoline bed and installed it on a Hobie-16. It was an ingenious way to for someone on a budget to replaced a tramp. This person was able to get the trampoline bed nice and tight. The front and rear fits into the groves on the front and back crossbars and the sides wrapped around the side bars and tied underneath the tramp tight. The trampoline material had to be tough and made of mesh materials. I'm sure you probably can buy a used trampoline bed and do the same. Just have to be creative on how to tie it tight.

Has anyone ever thought of or seen this done before ? I was very impressed !

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:10 pm 
Hobie Approved Guru

I gots my tramperleen fixed up real nice like! Took a cupla pallets an' sum ropes I found inna parkin' lot and tied 'em real tight like.

My pontoons wer so soft, I got rid of 'em and used sum foundation foam I stole offa a construction job. Didn't cost me nuthin'!

Ain't she purty?!

---------------------------------

You guys are freaking killing me. Buck up and buy the best value (it isn't the cheapest) - Hobie Cat brand tramps.

Last edited by MBounds on Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:30 pm 
Authorized Hobie Dealer

Location: 315 N. Hwy 79 Panama City Beach, FL 32413 850-235-2281
easy Matt that guy might be related to me, I'm not that far south of Alabama!

But seriously I sold a guy a Hobie tramp the other day that had already bought 2 cheap tramps in the last 5 years, he spent more than if he'd of just bought a Hobie tramp the 1st time.

http://www.sunjammers.com
www.facebook.com/sunjammers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:25 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

picked up a new tramp from atomictarp.com under 200

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:13 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

zach bird wrote:
picked up a new tramp from atomictarp.com under 200

atomictarp.com...hmmm, no direct website, link is to eBay and craigslist advertisements, and they've made 54 sales since April 22, 2009 (date they became eBay member) with 100% feedback. All this tells me is that they ship in a timely fashion and the tramps fit the boat.

Zach, you work for atomictarp.com? You pop up all over this forum harping on your new tarp...err tramp. There's a cajillion "great deals" on aftermarket tramps out there. I'm especially skeptical of one that is so cheap. Maybe you should reserve your testimony until you've got at least one seasons use on the tramp.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:17 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Being it towards the end of my H14 restoration, I was running low on funds and purchased a trampoline off of ebay from atomictarp for just under $200. I haven't been on it more than 5 times probably, but I don't have any complaints. It seems well made and really sturdy. Time will tell of course and I do agree with 'you get what you pay for.' But comparing the quality to my friends Prindle 16's trampoline it seems just as good. So if you're on a budget like I was, it works well and fits perfect with the grommets being heavy duty. I'll let you know next summer if I end up falling through it of course, but for now it seems like a good deal. (and I promise I don't work for them!)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:36 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I'm working with Atomic Tarp (them as a vendor potential) for another project (non-sailing) that requires strength, UV, water resistance, etc. I can say the specs add up, the craftsmanship is top notch and they provide good customer service. I wouldn't hesitate buying from them or Hobie. I plan to buy a new Hobie sail this winter so it's not always about money :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:23 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Anyone know anything about the ebay seller racedaytramp? His tramp prices seem very reasonable at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:09 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

changed their name from "Hobiemill" to "racedaytramp"...guess they must do a lot of non-Hobie sanctioned racing in Ohio.

they've been on ebay for several years selling Amish made product. I have no personal experience with their product, but it's interesting they felt a need to change their name, huh? :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:27 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I would point out that any persons wishing to buy an aftermarket Hobie tramp from hobiemill, racedaytramp or any other overseas seller should be aware that they may have to pay the shipping company local taxes and a handling charge before they get their tramp delivered. I just bought one with lacing cord and jib line from racedaytramp for a resonable £157GBP and got stung for £23GBP vat tax and £8.50GBP handling charge.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:38 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi,

Well, buying a cheap 14 ft. trampoline is not exactly a good idea as higher price mostly means higher quality & longevity. If you take something really cheap no one can guarantee that this trampoline won`t fell apart within months of use. My advice would be to fit a bit smaller trampoline in your budget, something as Skywalker 12 ft. trampoline *Review available here: Skywalker 12 ft round trampoline review

For any additional questions or clarification you are welcome to ask here.

thank you

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:08 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

nandrase wrote:
Hi,

Well, buying a cheap 14 ft. trampoline is not exactly a good idea as higher price mostly means higher quality & longevity. If you take something really cheap no one can guarantee that this trampoline won`t fell apart within months of use. My advice would be to fit a bit smaller trampoline in your budget, something as Skywalker 12 ft. trampoline *Review available here: Skywalker 12 ft round trampoline review

For any additional questions or clarification you are welcome to ask here.

thank you

Is that supposed to be a joke because we are talking about catamaran trampolines here not bouncy children's trampolines.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:36 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have a yellow hobie cat brand trampoline that is still in great shape. Asking $150 Shoot me a message if you are interested!

http://southbend.craigslist.org/boa/5136500434.html