PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:18 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

hi can anyone give me details of a US company I can buy 2 boards from
thanks

Post subject: Re: H17 centreboards
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:21 pm 
Hobie Approved Guru

Any Hobie dealer can help you.

Use the dealer finder on the main Hobie Cat site.

Post subject: Re: H17 centreboards
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:26 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

How bad are your old boards. I bought a second set before I realized that I could rebuild my old ones. The good news is now I have 2 sets, the bad news is that the replacement set cost $500.00 (I believe it is now over $600.00 for a set). one of my old boards needed a hook rebuilt and both needed to be relaminated.
To rebuild the board hook I drilled a 3/4" hole approximately 4" into the end of the board starting from where the hook used to be. I then used fiberglass resin to glue a 6" 3/4" threaded fiberglass rod http://www.indelco.com/pc-10424-1252-aic1.aspx into the hole (resin in hole first, then use rod to force out excess, no air pockets). I used a threaded rod for both physical and holding strength. Let harden. Then wrap the first inch or so of the exposed rod with resin inpregnetated fiberglass knitted rope http://china-gasketmaterial.com/en/fiberglass_and_ceramic_fiber03.htm to build up size and shape. Let harden. Use saws, files (or my preference, a Dremel) to cut hook shape to match original. I have used the rebuild board for 4 seasons of hard sailing with no problems.
For delamination, I let the boards completely dry and cleaned out any debris. I then used a 4" 18G needle connected to a 20 ml syringe filled with fiberglass resin to inject the resin as far in as I could then clamped the board with large spring clamps. Wipe off excess. If the boards have been shreaded on the bottoms then you can mix fiberglass fibers into the resin to build up the missing areas :wink: