Update - I got the spring replaced last night.
Brad at Sunjamers was nice and sent me an old broken block that had a good spring.
The process was a lot tougher than I thought, the pin that hols the spring and ratchet arm was actually shouldered and held between the plates with the rivet on the knob to turn the ratchet on and off. It cannot be pressed out like I originally thought and tried on the old block
. After about 2 hrs work I got the old spring out and put the block back together and everything seems to be working good.
Thanks for all the advice and upgrade suggestions. I may be upgrading to the Harken low profile blocks in the future but at this point I do not have the funds to make that happen. I just need to get the basics done and get the boat out on the water first, then worry about upgrades later.