Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:15 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I'm guessing this one would work, the maesurments aren't exactly the same it seems:

http://www.fishingtackleunlimited.com/p ... AG019.html

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:38 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Here ya go:

http://www.fishingtackleunlimited.com/p ... AG009.html

It says "large" but the measurments are correct. Im going to order it and see what happens :D

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:11 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I bought it at a local kayak shop here in Pcola. Check the dimensions I listed. I bought the 36inch long x 19 wide as posted.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:35 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Cooler came in and its fits perfectly - Thanks Sammy!! I had it when I went out this past Sat., but didn't get to try it out b/c I got skunked :( I can tell it's going to work good though. I put about 6 or 8 frozen water bottles in it. I couldn't even tell it was up there while I was on the water. BTW if anyone else is looking for one, the second link I posted above (from Fishing Tackle Unlimited) is the correct one. :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:46 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

CrazyAl,
Glad you like it. I would also highly recommend making some type of sleeve insert like my orig post for it. Keeps the fish slime off and prevents what will eventually be a puncture to the thin lining. If it is punctured and that fish slime gets in to the insulating fabric it will wreek to high heaven and you'll end up tossing it. In addition I sprayed the entire outside fabric with a 3m waterproofing spray, saturating the fabric twice. Prior to that I had spots on it after washing that would not dry out or go away (which ever) for 2 weeks of drying in the garage. That is a thing of the past now. I just sponge it clean (no scrubbing):wink:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:30 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Unfortunately, per the site, the product linked is not available at this time. :(

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:55 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Fish It,

This bag 36x19 can be purchased/ordered at your local Native Water Craft (NWC) dealer. Go to my orig post and use the link. At the bottom of the WaterTrailGear page are the links to find your local NWC dealer as well as other suppliers that can be used.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:30 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

(censored) wrote:
Unfortunately, per the site, the product linked is not available at this time. :(

Yeh that is strange. You know, the same day that I ordered it, I call the store (Fishing Tackle Unlimited) b/c they are based here in Houston and I was just going to go pick it up. They guy told me they were out of stock in the show room but I could order it offline. You could try to call them, tell them your looking for the WaterTrail bag and give them the deminsions. They might have stopped carrying it, interesting.. :?: Good luck.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:14 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Are any of you guys using these fish coolers in the front hatch, while in the boat in deeper water? Without sailing pontoons, etc.? How are you getting your fish way up there without getting tipsy? :mrgreen:

I'm pretty good in small boats, but climbing up there everytime I catch a bream is going to be pretty busy. I'll be using a hard cooler behind me, but its hot here too, and I like the hatch idea, especially in saltwater for reds & specks.

One Ocean Storm cedar stripbuilt
2009 Native Ultimate 12

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:13 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

To get up there I use the chin-tuck, hands on sides of gunnel, roll up to knees and balance method. No real problem once practiced. The only reason I am not putting fish over the side is sharks and water temps. Not and issue with inland lake/rivers and bream, (gators I can deal with) I would put those over the side in a fish/bream wire basket while on a bed or hold of fish, then dump them in the soft cooler before moving to the next spot. If its just onesies and twosies then throw them up in the mirage drive-well till a half dozen or so and do a periodic cleanup.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:46 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Great idea Sammy, there are several bags at that site that look like they would drop right in my PA! Sweeeeeet! 8)

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:34 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I've read the posts and am considering the Native Watercraft Fish Bag.
For those of you who have this Fish Bag, I have some questions:

1)Must you unzip/zip the bag each time you put a fish in? Looking at the picture, it looks like the zipper is on the side, which would make it awkward if accessing from the front hatch.
How are you dealing with this?
2)How do you get the bag full of fish (hopefully full!) out of the bow compartment? One at a time? One poster mentioned using a pool liner and I assume he leaves the whole cooler inside the yak - just pulling the liner with the fish out....?
3)Has anyone discovered any other fish coolers for the Revo recently?
I've been searching for several weeks now.
thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:23 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Quote:
1)Must you unzip/zip the bag each time you put a fish in? Looking at the picture, it looks like the zipper is on the side, which would make it awkward if accessing from the front hatch.
How are you dealing with this?
2)How do you get the bag full of fish (hopefully full!) out of the bow compartment? One at a time? One poster mentioned using a pool liner and I assume he leaves the whole cooler inside the yak - just pulling the liner with the fish out....?

The bag has a double zipper and I have them both (ZipperTags) at the rear back edge of the bag. Just open the hatch unzip the back edge unclip and un-roll the pool liner and slide the fish in..

End of day just lift the whole thing out by the handels and put on the cleaning table. Open up, slide the pool liner out. Dump the fish out of the liner. Sponge the fish bag clean. Pool liner hit with a 50/50 bleach/water hang all in your garage. done ....Never leave it in the Yak,,your asking for trouble.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:36 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I use one of the California Innovations bags and frozen Gatorade bottles full of water - apparently just like everyone else. But $100 for a "fish bag" that doesn't hold fish well and has to be adapted is not good marketing - I hope they are listening. I would also go for a new California Innvoations bag with a heavy duty liner... Sammy, let me know where you find sheets of closed cell foam here in Pensacola.

No stringers - already had a bad experience... Man in the Gray Suit.

GCKFA #1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:50 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

FLS, Lowes has. half inch or 3/4, light blue, 4ft X 8ft sheets. I had some spare left over from a different project and cut about a 2inch square piece. Put it in the sink over night with a heavy glass ontop and it didn't take on any water.