Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Maiden Voyage
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:09 am 
Site Admin

Using the lock pin is not critical to the function... just be sure the posts stick through when in use.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:59 am 
Site Admin

Seeing that you have the latest "new" wheels on this cart... I am confused. This cart if sold as a Trax 2 comes with these wheels, collar clamps and posts (10") that are long enough for the Pro Angler to function with the collars in place and pin properly. There are no other "new" wheels or new version of this cart.

The latest "heavy duty" cart we have to offer uses the same post length, collar clamps, but the frame has a different axle. The HD tires as shown in the catalog is a HD upgrade for the standard cart frame only. Not compatible with the Trax frames.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:26 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Not using the lock pin and expecting the wheels to stay safely in place is nearly impossible when hefting the PA off a trailer. It's in that maneuver that the wheel extension tubes can possibly puncture or break the scupper tubes if not held in place. The pin also holds the wheels in place if you put the PA on it's side, insert wheels and try to turn the PA upright to roll away. That maneuver without the pin will surely get you in trouble eventually. Just a matter of time as the wheels will try to slip out and you'll contact the ground with the wheels putting side stress on the scupper tubes somewhere in the center. With the pin, the wheels will stay put and you can gently lower the PA to the ground without causing that stress. Same issue when loading. Pull the pin just before lifting and the wheels stay on the ground. Like Matt said, make sure the extension tubes are all the way through the scupper tubes, however you decide to do it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:51 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks Matt and Yakkingaway

I was confused as well; I had a look a the accessories catalogue it appears what my dealer is referring to is the Heavy Duty Upgrade Kit. It looks like all I need is the collar clamps and I am good to go with the TRAX 2.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:29 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

fishhawk wrote:
Troutbum

I had a smaller yak last year and was careful where I fished; now I can go anywhere. Planning on fishing Albro, Banook, Micmac, Charles,Williams, Grand and the rest of them. We are fortunate to live in the city of lakes.

Yes, it is great, water EVERYWHERE! The only problem is which one to fish first and time to do it!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:19 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

fishhawk; Did u catch anything today?? Hope u enjoy this weekend. The weather is supposed to be amazing!!! Regards, Shimanoman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:14 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I am sooooooo looking forward to getting out. I have company so once they leave, I'll be on the water! Just have to figure out where I'm going to go?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:05 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Shimanoman

Thanks again for the boat; I love it. I got 16 hours of fishing in this weekend. I usually practice catch and release however on opening day I don't mind keeping a few for a meal. Give me a call when yours comes in.